We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
There are many different types of blood testing that concern the inner workings of your pet’s body. Some testing can be done in-house and some are sent out to the lab. Our veterinarians interpret the results to determine the best care for your pet.
Why is it important to perform blood tests for dogs?
Blood tests are diagnostic tools that describe how organs have been affected over time. They may also be used to diagnose various diseases. We recommend that senior patients have regular bloodwork completed to detect the potential early onset of kidney, liver and other age-related diseases.
How do I interpret my dog’s blood test results?
Our doctors will interpret results as they become available and present them to you. They use the results to guide and provide you with treatment options and prognosis so that you have the information you need to make the right choice for your furry companion.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Monday, May 25, 2020
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 780-539-0636. We will bring your pet into the hospital for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet to your car and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Sunday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Animal Medical Centre North