We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Here at Animal Medical Centre North, we see many different animals including our avian friends. We even have some budgies in the lobby! Our veterinarians and support staff are happy to answer any questions you may have about your feathery companion(s).
We offer services to domesticated birds. Although, if a wild animal is brought in to us, we will take all the necessary steps to get it proper care. If you find a wild bird that is injured or sick, please call your local authorities.
What type of grooming do birds require?
While many birds do not need much help with grooming or moulting, some avians require bathing and nail/beak trims. If the beak gets too long, they may have difficulty picking up and eating food. If the nails grow too long, they may have trouble grasping perches or food. Some birds also need to have their wings clipped to prevent them from flying away. Bathing and general grooming can help them stay looking their best during a moult.
What type of services do you provide to birds?
We offer beak and nail trims, as well as wing clipping as grooming services. We will also examine your birds as part of regular care or if they happen to become sick or injured.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 780-539-0636. We will bring your pet into the hospital for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet to your car and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. However, if you're unsure whether your pet needs medical attention, please call us to discuss your situation.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Saturday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Animal Medical Centre North